Thursday, June 27, 2013

Branding AIT

Hello AIT

I hope you are in the pink of your health. Me?? ahhhhh....I am doing great as always. It has been long since we last met. The last time we met was when I had to appear for two backlog exams. To be honest, while leaving college I expected that I'll be back soon to meet you, but to clear backlogs, nahhhhh, never. I always dream of our meeting being a grand one, like what it would be like when Sachin Tendulkar or Mark Zuckerberg  would visit their respective school. I truly aspire to become a successful professional in life. A person whom you can actually feel proud of and whose name can be called out in public for setting an example. But, have I made it large? No, not yet. I am far far away for being one of such kind. But, I am very sure that one day this dream would eventually come true.

To those, who do not know much about my profession, I work with Sapient as an Associate. My life's pretty smooth here and luckily I have not been through those horrifying experiences that people share on Facebook ("It's 3 am and still in office"). Yesterday evening, when I finished my work at 5:30 pm, I went back to my flat, changed my clothes, and lay down on my bed with my eyes closed, a breeze just passed by. The same breeze that used to refresh my room (315 G) and made everything look fresh and beautiful. I then asked myself that am I really making you feel proud? Am I really giving my best that people around me ask me my alma mater? Do I really give them a hint that I have been staying with some of the brightest minds of India? Because, in the end I really want people to ask me that. I feel proud in telling them your name. It might be obscure to some of them, but one day it'll shine and will shine bright. I hope that everyone reading this shares the same feeling for his/her alma mater.

By the way, I would like to compliment you that you look better than before. I got to see a picture of the grand entrance a few days back, it looks amazing. Standing tall amid Dighi Hills, you are really a grand structure. As years pass by, more and more people pass out to spread your name. Companies from various industries and sectors now visit you which is definitely helping you spread your wings wide. But, the question is, are 'we' really doing justice to brand AIT? Do we really give our actions a thought that they leave an imprint of our parents, our friends, our college? This blog comes in the awake of some recent activities that I noticed which really makes me doubt if people think that their activities might hamper your reputation.

Let me start with myself, I believe that I am doing a commendable job at my workplace. I don't know exactly but I have acquired something while I strolled in your premises which can not be put in words but it was something, something that makes me feel confident, energetic and something that has definitely helped me in my career. I never scored above 55% but still, I managed to pull off a Bachelor of Engineering degree from University of Pune. Everyone around me here knows that I am honest and committed to my work. But then there are some who are too selfish to think that what their actions might lead to or how does their actions affect your image?. I do commit mistakes but then that does not tarnish your image. To err is human and no one is perfect.

"One will never go to a restaurant again, once he/she sees a cockroach in their food."

I hope the statement made above has made it clear enough about the message that I am trying to convey here. My dear juniors, colleagues and seniors, it's not the building, the gate, the library, the red bold AIT or the cricket ground that forms the Army Institute of Technology, these materialistic stuff is just a small portion. It is us, the students who complete it.

While it is falsely assumed that only IITans can deliver the best, NITs the better and other colleges just the good degree of work, we can actually justify you (AIT) by adding brand value to your name. Dear reader, whoever you are, wherever you are, I beg of you to please reconsider you actions if that tarnishes the image of my college, because one day when I would be on the verge of becoming as famous as Sachin Tendulkar/Mark Zuckenberg and planning my grand trip to AIT, I would not want my evaluator to be someone who judges me seeing my alma mater and it turns out that he once got pissed off by some stupid's sheer stupidity. Instead, I would want you to impress him today so that I can reap the fruits tomorrow. ;) I repeat , do not be so mean that you forget that what you do is a reflection of your parents, friends and your alma mater


Thanks and Regards
Nitish Kumar
Computers (2007-2011)

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...