Saturday, February 20, 2010

OMG omegle...

I have been in this net world for nearly a year. I am a chat addict and so are my friends. I chat with my friends practically everyday except on Sundays and national holidays when their father is at home and hence they can not come online.

I never thought chat to be a waste of time because whenever I chat with my friends I transform to a world where I m happy and I have reasons to laugh with my friends. It doesn't mean that I am not happy in my real life, but remembering the past incidents, school ones or those at college can make you smile, though you might not have liked them at that time, when they actually occurred.

So, it was very boring on Sundays and national holidays, hence I thought to look for an alternative to kill the boredom. Then came the savior, one of my friend suggested me, "omegle". Let me introduce you to this omegle thing. Actually, its a website, sorry not website, its a search engine, where you can look for people of opposite sex, but the search mechanism is not trustworthy at all. You may start looking for a hot girl and probably you might end up with a jigolo or say a lesbian.

The search goes like this:
Step 1: Type www.omegle.com in your address bar. Best part, you don't need any identity to login.
Note: You should be good at typing. Be fast and accurate as well, or you may be thrown out of chat at any point of time. Keep the chat interesting since, nobody is going to wait for you to respond, there are always 5 to 7 thousands of people online.
Step 2: Need not worry of the first message because you are equally lucky in both the cases, you writing first or you receiving the first message.
If lucky enough, you might get a good friend to chat.

And hence you begin, with the journey. If you are new to chat, you will face some problem. Even for me, this was going to be the first instance, when I was going to chat with a person whom I don't know. As I started it, I saw something very unusual, and it was ASL. I looked towards my friend, the one who had suggested me omegle and asked what is ASL? He replied, learn by yourself. I asked the person who had messaged me what is the meaning of ASL, he wrote LOL and a smiley of a laughing person came.

Now I was dealing with two alien words. I asked again please tell me what are these two words, and then he told ASL stands for age, sex, location and LOL stands for laugh out loud.

I was happy to add two foreign words in my dictionary. The conversation went on as follows....
Unknown: F 32 Canada.
Me: M 21 India.
Unknown: ROFL
Me: what's ROFL
Unknown: fk off, u nerd!!

I tried to reply back but by then, I was getting a message, that the other person had already left. I tried another, history repeated itself within 5 minutes. I was a fresher without any knowledge at that time. But since then, I have noticed a similarity in everyone's message, the ASL of course, and they all ask for sex chat after a few seconds.

Now this was a shock to me as I had heard chatting to be a source of new friends. I was trying to cope with this situation by closing their messages and as I looked towards my friend he was laughing which puzzled me more.I finally left that omegle.com and never opened it again. I am happy chatting with my old school mates, and it feels good, when I chat with them.

There have been incidents which are not worth mentioning here. Actually, people don't understand, to how far can it get worse by giving away email ids just for sake of a fake promise. Who knows he will ever return on the same id or not. Crime knows no bounds, hacking, sending emails to VVIPs, any such sort of activity can get one in serious trouble. Though its very rare, but why take chances, when you got friends like "Integrator"......lolz(newer version of LOL).

Now when, we think twice before making friends in college and keep on judging them on various occasions, we come to a conclusion, that hardly two or three of them are trustworthy. So how one even think of trusting a person about whom you know nothing more than his "ASL". Is it true that we ourselves are fake, and are a firm believer of "tit for tat" thing. "Tit for tat" here refers to, if he is fake, so am I. Absurd! Isn't it. Lets look forward to keep everything genuine, and not hurt anyone or play with any body's emotions. Be proud of what you are. Thank you.

3 comments:

vijay jamdagni said...

papi hai sir...

TECHADDICT said...

Abe jyada use mat karna ise....
Iska video chat sabse khatarnaak hai... kabhi karke dekhna...

rajender said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...