Wednesday, October 27, 2010

and then I fell in what they call LOVE

Note: This is for anyone who has been in a one-sided love affair. If you have pined over someone, idealized them to the point you question your own worth and felt continuously disappointed by the affection you have not received...this blog post is for you.

My blog “the THIRD eYe” is getting older day by day, and as it gets older, it’s getting cooler. Sounds nice, when people complement you that way. I took up blogging as a hobby, thanks to some wonderful seniors I have been with. Now, I encourage others to take up blogging as a hobby and exercise it regularly. People now value my opinion and often come to me with doubts of different sorts. Believe me, it feels very nice when you come back to your room in the evening, and you are completely tired and when you check for the “Stats”, and there are visitors from all over the map. The “Stats” also provides the administrator with some interesting facts about the blog, like the audience source, most read post and the traffic source. “Farmville” is an all-time hit, the most read post, but there is convincing number of hits on other posts too. Getting complements from people encourages you to write more and more. It feels very nice when people value your suggestions and take it as a word of advice. One of them, an aspiring blogger asked, “What do I write on my blog?” I answered, “Write what you feel”. Yes, and that’s the truth, one of my friends, my old roommate has flooded his blog, either with technical posts or posts on “love”. This is because he is either on phone, talking to one of his many so called “just friends” or he is busy with his routine technical stuff. Today his blog is one of the most read, he lives life like a “Prince”.

Recently, I came into contact with one of my schoolmate. I have been talking to her a bit more than I do to others. So, people around me in hostel and on Internet, have become quite suspicious of me. Since, I had discussed the same with some of my friends, hence one of them asked me to write a blog post on “love”. I told him that I could not do so, since I love writing on topics I pursue interest in or have acumen for. Since, I have never fallen in love so writing on such an abstract topic would be impossible for me. And truly speaking, the topic seems to be limited, I mean you don’t have much to write. You will probably agree on the same view, until you have seen my dear friend Dexter's blog. He has written some 6 or 7 posts on love. It’s not like that I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s been difficult for me to write even two paragraphs. On the other hand, he has been writing versions of the same post, “An open Declaration of love”. I wonder how he finds description in there. I simply can’t, but sooner or later a time comes, when you start feeling it. Dear reader, don’t get excited and keep reading and don’t ever ping me or comment below the post, asking her name. Mind it!!! By the way, you will do justice to the post if you consider my affair to be absolutely one-sided.


So, it all started like this. There is a bunch of people in AIT those who have inspired me a lot. I am very grateful to have lived with some of the best people last year, my juniors [3D]. But recently, all of them have turned into fighters, some of them succeeded, others are still fighting. The successful ones are now seen roaming around in college with their mates. So recently, finally fed up of this college life, I also turned into a fighter. I must say, one should always be a fighter. Fight for love, fight for marks, fight for a win, just fight.

I was watching this video on facebook, which taught me to give up procrastination. Another video, showcased a typical Indian boy, who always has in mind to get a girlfriend, but never strives for it. He keeps delaying it from his secondary classes to higher secondary (aspires for seniors), then in higher secondary he aspires to get one in college (influenced by movies, probably), then after entering engineering college (here, there are various stages, when he has explanations for every year, sometimes looking for classmates, sometimes seniors and sometimes even juniors), then pre-final call, is when he aspires to have one after he enters corporate world. After corporate, I guess he has lived half of his life and his father is ready with a bride back home, and waiting for his son to come back and marry her. Hence the conclusion goes on like this, “don’t wait for things to happen, and make them happen”. So, I decided to let action happen and accept life the way it comes to me.

()*&^%$#@!~   ACTION   ~!@#$%^&*()

So, after those few missed actions (by readers, of course), I can assure you that I learnt a lot this semester about human psychology, particularly of the opposite sex.  I am sorry, for not providing you with the details since it might alter my future (negatively). But, what I can provide you with is that, the friendship still holds, and there has been no conflicts, no verdicts, no victims and no culprits. In short, it’s Emotional Atyachaar. Finally, jokes apart and let us get down to some serious talk.

When we meet someone it is only natural that we feel excitement and have hope that something will eventually transpire if we show that we are worth enough. But while this act is admirable and generous, it is rarely equal in its return, and there is no reason to have such great hope in people that are undeserving. It may be radical to suggest, but after a time, one should come to know and start putting some love into oneself, doing what one is truly inspired by, learn what one wants to learn, live spontaneously and free and be into the moment. Do not spend much time prioritizing people who only consider you to an option, you are worth more than that. I encourage each and every person who reads this to rediscover yourself, if you feel you have been made a fool in love, and even those of you who are in love. Use some time to rediscover your individual self and you may be surprised by the results at the end.

13 comments:

mikel1247 said...

good one nitish :D
thumbs up

MishraG said...

All our young lives we search for someone to love...someone who is in the crowd but different from it....We watch other people, see them happy and hope we will be like them,happy... We expect a series of fortunate events that would lead upto that condition..we sometimes expect miracles.....We search for someone to be comfortable with,someone to talk to...someone to dance with....and this, my friend, is what they call Love!

Nice post, though! And you definitely CAN write about love!

Unknown said...

nic..a very risky topic...bt u pulld it off...herd f ur blog...evn read a few, bt i can say, today i see potential..:)..keep up the good work......gary

Unknown said...

..VrY NiCe.......bt a bit complicated topic.......i guess.....

Aarya said...

good one nitish ..keep on writing

Unknown said...

nitish beware!!love like measles could be fatal if comes late in life.:).neways nicely written n if you continue to write like dis,i m sure u will replace arundhati roy some day.:P

Vijay Krishna Palepu said...

abstract...in a slight manner at the least... you are getting to the true purpose of blogging... keep at it..

Rajat said...

Very genuine and I like the flow. I support the idea of rediscovering yourself...seems like a lot of people need it. I guess loving is important but so is living your own life. gud going !!

Ashish Pandey said...

good for people who hav lost their individuality in love.....we should remember we mean more anything else in our life.....good flow....i hope the third eye becomes more popular

vijay jamdagni said...

good going sir ...and by the way ...thanx (on the behalf of 3D) :P

manmohan singh said...

good!!...and i donno but i think "u dont hav to fight for love"...but i liked the blog..its open hearted...:)

manojdsrsm said...

gud wrk....thr is no luv but good......u r writin some serious stuff

nutan said...

so nw ur a "successful fighter"sir
(input)
it feels rely gud 2 no dat ur being luvd so much by sumbdy..2 me it grows evry moment u tnk abt d person, vid evry glimpse, vid evry conversation..though its a vry confusing state of mind for fighters specially..it brings in lots of positive spirit nd lso d negative..
its gud unless u jus feel it..nd tak its help 2 stay happy..at d end u r imp..2 ur slf nd 2 mny ppl..for whom u need 2 b so..so 2 luv is gud..bt as said "nt 2 luv a person for whom ur an option"..never get lost into it so much dat u cnt find an escape thorough it... :)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...