Sunday, October 31, 2010

Why D?

If you are reading this, then you know me. If you're reading this, then we're friends -- though some are better friends than others. One of you helped me recently by making me aware of the bitter fact that I suck at choosing title for my blog posts. And probably, he was right. Sometimes I do injustice to the title of the post. Like, talking of the the previous post, there was hardly anything there pertaining to LOVE. But for those who accuse me of writing long posts, I am sorry guys, I can’t help it. I know, after reading the title of this post, you must be thinking that probably I failed again, but not to worry, I’ll prove you wrong. I know it sounds absurd, "Why D?". But, I know that this title is quite fearsome, for AITans at least. For others, let me introduce to this term YD (Why D), which stands for year down or its generally known as year back in other colleges, when you have to sit back home and take a drop for one year to clear your subjects. People in AIT don’t like to face results, 66% of my batch is below 60% and hence gives enough reason to why people don’t like facing the D-day. Last year, I was standing at the gateway of this so called YD. Eleven theory exam in a span of 21 days and three practical examinations is hell of a reason to get a YD. But somehow, I made it through and cleared all of them. These are the words of a man, who didn’t see a single sunset in AIT last semester, not because he was busy studying in room, but because he didn’t want a reason for a YD afterwards and regret. Believe me, it was height of pessimism, I spent half of my time thinking period aftermath YD. My parents still don’t know about my critical stage, but their blessings were always with me, and now I don’t care, even if they come to know of it.

I was not the only one who was on the verge of getting year down. There were others too. Most of us were fortunate enough to make it through, some could not. Some people played a great role in each of our's success. Apart from parents and relatives, there is a third kind of relationship that I can’t stop praising since they helped a lot by providing me with moral support throughout the semester. There were people around me providing me with all sort of help, and I call this category of people, “friend”. Believe me, getting out of such a situation (YD) requires a lot of mental balance, and I bet you can’t accumulate that all alone. I have seen people getting ripped off with mere six theories. I remember people coming to me regularly and asking me to study. Some of them, came drunk some sober, but all of them were worried for me undoubtedly. It’s not just about clearing exams, that make me say that, but there are many more reasons to support the call.


It’s a friend who gives you the strength and the courage to face all these fears. I owe you ALL a debt of thanks, since I said “If you're reading this, then we're friends”. It is through your friendship and influence on me and my life that I'm able to do what I need to. Looking at yourself and all your beliefs under a microscope isn't easy, and realizing you've been wrong can be incredibly painful. So, a friend is always needed, who can point you your adjectives, both positive and negative.

Believe me, all of us have changed some or the other way, I am not the same Nitish that I used to be at time I joined AIT. Now, I have the guts to admit my mistakes and shame in a public forum -- because admitting it in public is really, really hard, but it feels like the one of the two ways I can achieve redemption, and its you who have provided me with this courage. It is you who instills in me the desire to be as perfect a person as I can and the tenacity to stick to it no matter how hard it is. I want to be a great person, but I want to be a great person for you, too. Some of you say, that I am my harshest critic, and that I lack optimism and have a very negative attitude towards life. But don’t you think that it’s beneficial since that makes it harder to be proud of yourself and harder to believe that you're capable of massive change, and hence you work harder for it. However, it is you that makes me want to try even when I think it might be hopeless. It is you who gives me the confidence that I can do anything, even when I'm afraid to believe. It is to you that I owe a mountain of "thank you's," and to you I have a debt I can never pay. Not everyone I owe will read this, but everyone who reads this is owed. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for spurring this journey. I couldn't have done this without you, and I hope you know how much it means to me..

15 comments:

Unknown said...

...Hi i v read ol ur blogz n m vry happy to c d progress...,,i do agree dt frnz r vry imp in our lyf. ALL d Best dear...

Ashish Pandey said...

well i never felt ur blogs r too long......this one gave a very good see through of students on the verge of YD.....and really friends do matter a lot......
amazing post....keep up the good work
And yeah title was very apt

Unknown said...

YD is exceptional...........ohh..i mean 'the blog' ...this time the length is also justfied....keep up the standard.....

Neelesh Kanyal said...

sir i don't read ur all blogs bt d title of dis blog made me to read dis one -> "why D"..nd really dis 1 rocks nd u too. Being ur flankmate in 3D i knw hw u had been through tht toughest time or situation of being so called YD....still u made it ..keep writing:)

Unknown said...

hey, good stuff....ur diction is defnitly gettin betr..n i lik d "self introspection cum ode 2 friends" theme...a li'l 2 philosophicl fr me..a li'l 2 chantoo :)..n at places d grammars a li'l off...bt on d whol, an interestin read, a heartfelt thank u frm dis friend...n mos f al, d mos challengin topic 2 writ on is urslf, ur flaws n ur beliefs..so, hats off!!:)

MishraG said...

agreed nitish. I remember when I had my M3 down and the state of mind it had got me into. I could hardly imagine the mental condition you, or for that matter anyone else could have gotten into.
I am so glad you made it! However pessimist you may be, take it from me, you have the will! For life's battles don't always go to the strongest or the fastest. In the end, the one who wins is the one who thinks HE CAN! You won. And with God's grace you will continue winning!

zainul said...

almost all of the people who know him have seen the change in him from the first year.there was a time when our interaction was limited and then i used to think that he was some careless person.....but today after 3 years of long journy I respect him a lot becoz of his positive attitude towards life......and he rightly says,"It’s a friend who gives you the strength and the courage to face all these fears."....and i respect all his friends who were with him in every single moment and provided him a huge and incomparable moral support.... you rock man.... :)

Vijay Krishna Palepu said...

dude, good post...but sorry for being a jerk...who is preeti?

Anonymous said...

yes dude, even i was in the same route(YD) as yours but my boat was different and luckily both of us reached the safer end.cheers!!!!

Manmohan Nayal said...

awesum read...may b its coz i wz ur flank mate at dat time and yeah frnd ofcrse...but ser u wrote it vry well...nd dis one has every alphabet of QUALITY...:)

Balwant Kumar verma said...

Its a more of THANX LETTER...nd i think, u published dis letter 2 months LATE !
Nywayz..m very glad 4 ur success...
it ws all ur HARD wrk nd determination dat made u thru..
my best wishes will alwayz b wid u..
cheers !!!

Anonymous said...

acccha hai....

man u r going better and better.....

u turned from amature to pro.....now its time for world class......keep goin....

vIVeK said...

srry sir for being late ........

sir i was very sure that u'll save urself frm that tag ...... by seeing ur efforts ........specially ur dome trips

we r always with u sir.... ur 3Dians.

u rocked sir .......u rocking sir and u'll rock toooooooooo sir...

vijay jamdagni said...

nice blog sir....and i far as i know i never felt you have a negative approach towards life ....anyways it was really interesting reading this :D

laxi said...

:)
thank u for such a wonderful blog bro...:)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...