Saturday, January 18, 2014

Upgrade yourself at Sapient!

DISCLAIMER : The following article was printed in a series called "Sapient Story" at Sapient Corporation. I wrote this article way back in July 2013 and was penned with an intention to get it approved and printed for the Sapient wide audience. These are my personal views.

July - August is an exciting period for fresh graduates in India. It's the time when most colleges end their courses & students begin their careers at their very first work place. It is also a time for anniversary celebrations for erstwhile students at their current jobs. One often sees posts on FB or LI like “completed 2 years at so-and-so company”. I enjoy seeing people celebrating their milestone with gusto & getting a good number of likes and comments.

I began my career with Sapient on 01 August 2011 and as I complete 2+ years here, I have a completely different perspective about these 2 years. Rather than just completing years and earning my salary, I feel happier about the people I met, the knowledge that I acquired here and the attitude and aptitude that I developed towards my work and my life. And all of it continues to this day. Sapient has indeed proven to be a great source of learning for me. To everyone who asks for my views about Sapient, my exact words are “Boss! This is the place to be!!”.

I firmly believe that every day I have spent here has taught me something fruitful. I am sure I would reap its benefits in the long run too, in my professional career. Being a fresh college graduate, Sapient has helped me mould myself in a way that would guarantee me professionalism and the right attitude. It has imbibed in me the confidence that helps me succeed. It gears me for the next challenge. Growth just happens here. Personally experienced! In short, I have upgraded myself.

I feel that there are a couple of things which make Sapient extraordinary; first is the people and second their attitude. People here are very learned and skilled, with right level of experience and expertise at the right position. But would their mere presence be enough? No, not at all. It is their willingness to impart knowledge and enable others that makes Sapient what it is. I feel lucky to have the opportunity to work with some of the best minds in industry.

I ask you young beginners. Just try to memorize the draft of your first resume and its 'Career Objective/Aim' section. Mine read “To work in an innovative, challenging and global environment so as to contribute effectively towards the overall growth of self and the organization”. At that time, I could not think of this by myself and hence had to "google" it up before putting down that fancy line on my resume. I today realize that what was once a dream has actually become my reality and I feel so good about it. Have you too realized you dream?

I perceive Sapient as an Institute, an institute with a plethora of opportunities for everyone. It has a perfect blend that suits everyone’s taste. Sapient is definitely unique and that too in a lot of ways. In other companies, you won’t find the leadership team looking for a Phunshuk Wangdu among you or planning a trip for you to Bermuda. If you are outside Sapient and reading this, believe me, a lot of us sit beside the people you would aspire to be. Or if you want to resume your interest in basketball, cricket, football or whatever it is, Sapient is the right place to be. All of this results in the holistic improvement of an individual. I hereby thank Sapient and its people for the fantastic kick start to my career. I am not sure about how long I will continue to work here but yes, for now, I feel satisfied and I take pride in working here and express the same around.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...