Saturday, March 05, 2011

B+ (A nonsensical poem)


"The woods are lovely, dark and deep
The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep"

These were the lines written by my friend on facebook
My blood group is B+ and so is my outlook

One of my senior asked me to go crazy
I guess, this try proves that I am not lazy

I know this poem sounds very absurd
But mind you, I am not a Surd (SARDAR)

You will suggest me not to try
Writing poems or you will kill me and eat me deep fry



P.S : I wrote this poem a long time back (around 5 months), but did not have the guts to post it on blog. But yesterday, a thought came to my mind that a certain character can be built from embarrassing yourself endlessly. Ya its true, at a point of time I felt very embarrassed to post this poem. Even now, I know I should not dare to write "I hope you like it" because its not worth it. It is indeed a nonsensical poem with an equally absurd title.


The poem does not carry any sense, the first 4 lines are from Narender's laptop's wallpaper, and he was the one who put them on his facebook wall and that was the day I started writing this poem. My blood group is AB+, but since one's outlook can not be AB+, so I had to go with B+. The next 2 lines talks of a senior, who asked me to go crazy, as in to do something innovative on blog other than regular articles, this senior is our Vijay Sir (Blaze). Then comes Surd and the last two lines, as they sound and appear, its nothing but just a forceful and repeated attempt to rhyme.


It is your interest that makes things easy for you and one's flawlessness at something can make it look easy for others too. Like, take programming for example, once you get to see the source code of a problem, it seems so simple but its difficult to see the pain that goes in making that classic piece of code. Similarly, poetry also seems simple, but believe me its not. It is meant only for some, Zainul Hassan Khan and Prince Mishra are two of them whose poems can make you cry like a rainstorm and some can make you laugh like anything. I remember Zainul's comment on my poem, I wonder if I am in love had it not been my blog but some facebook like thing where you could like the comments too, I bet there would have been a more likes on Zainul's comment rather than my poem. So, finally with with sheer happiness and a proud feeling, I am posting this poem, not actually a poem but more of an article with a pessimist attitude regarding writing poems.


In the end, a very well said quote by Douglas Engelbart : "The rate at which a person can mature is directly proportional to the embarrassment that he can tolerate".

3 comments:

Rajat said...

That picture in the post is very apt :P

Balwant Kumar verma said...

INTERESTING !

"The rate at which a person can mature is directly proportional to the embarrassment that he can tolerate".

KEERTI said...

Hey, logged in after a long time and viewed your blog. Like the changes you have made here with the font / pics / and ofcourse the new posts.. Keep up the good work!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...